Can a golden retriever eat cheese? The answer is yes; cheese such as mozzarella, cheddar or cottage is perfectly fine for dogs to eat. However, they should only be consumed in moderation, and the consumption of veined cheeses should be avoided.
Can golden retrievers eat cheese? For some feeding tips on golden retrievers, you may do the following:
- Try only to feed your golden retriever cottage cheese as it is low in fat and sodium compared to other cheeses. You may also try mozzarella, as it is the second best for your dog.
- You may mix cheese with dog food in very small amounts. Remember, feeding your dog an entire block of cheese will result in vomiting and sickness.
- Do not feed in large amounts, as cheese can be fattening and will easily cause obesity in your golden retriever.
Despite the rather unhealthy amounts of fat and sodium present in some cheese, they can also have surprisingly good amounts of health benefits for dogs, such as:
- The presence of proteins and vitamins such as vitamin A and B-Complex vitamins.
- Fatty acids are needed for the health of the body.
- High amounts of calcium improve bone density.
Can golden retriever eat cheese? Yes, they can, simply following the feeding tips listed above to ensure that cheese remains safe for your dog. However, do ensure that your dog is not lactose intolerance. In case of upset stomach or other symptoms, immediately consult your animal vet.