Can Golden Retriever eat Apple? The short answer to that is yes. Apples are some of the best sources of vitamins A and C, along with being high in fibres. Apples are very low in fat and protein content; therefore, they can be fed to your golden retriever in good amounts.
If you are wondering about how to feed your golden retriever apples, then you may follow some tips below:
- Wash the apple, slice it into small pieces.
- Remove the seeds and the core as they may act as choking hazard to your retriever while also being toxic.
- Remember to give only one or three slices at a time, not more than that.
If you wonder about the health benefits for dogs, here are some that may help you decide for whether can golden retriever eat Apple:
- Vitamin A: Beneficial for the eyes and improves the immune system to help prevent diseases.
- Vitamin B12: Improves mental functioning, although only small amount of it is contained in apples.
- Vitamin C: Acts as an antioxidant which helps to boost the system of a dog’s body to be resistant to infections and reduce damage caused by free radicals.
- Fibres: Improves bowel movement and lowers cholesterol levels.
Overall Golden Retriever can safely consume Apple. Make sure to feed the Apple as per the above instruction. If you notice any symptoms after the consumption of apple slices by your golden retriever, consult a vet immediately.